At the foot of the Leh Palace, the Grand Himalaya Hotel is one of those idyllic hotels that come to you with a refreshing surprise; and when it comes with an unparalleled luxury, it makes your vacation worth the time. Placed conveniently in the heart of the Leh town, the Grand Himalaya Hotel a quick glimpse into the Ladakh’s vibrant culture.
Reaching Grand Himalaya Hotel
The Grand Himalaya Hotel faces the foothills of the mountaintop Leh Palace and is just 5 km from the Leh Airport Terminal. You reach here by driving through the dense rows of trees and farmlands on either side of the road. The slight breathlessness of high altitude is evident by now. But, as you see the hustle bustle on the streets, the lamas walking by the roadside, the Tibetan Market stalls with its huge collection of Tibetan stones, the excitement rises.
The entrance of the hotel invites you in with its Intricately carved out designs on lacquer finished wood and ornate Thangka Paintings with vibrant colours decorating the walls and facade. The hotel is landscaped with lush bamboo gardens around that makes up for a peaceful setup.
Book a Stay Here Now
Staying with Grand Himalaya Hotel
The hotel sports 28 rooms in Super Deluxe, Suite and Presidential Room categories. With a sprawling area of 25 m², each room comes with a minimalist decor, an extended balcony with spectacular mountain views in front and a glass panel extended bathroom. All the rooms are provided with Central Heating system.The best part about staying in this hotel is about spending your time early morning watching the view of the mountains from the balcony over the fresh brew of coffee.
Amenities and Services
The hotel has a traditional restaurant serving Indian, Tibetan and Nepalese Cuisines on a buffet. It also serves a Travel Desk, Airport Transfers, and Free WiFi. The exterior has a lush garden in front, a great place to enjoy your evening dinner. One important thing to remember about Leh is that the other State SIM cards do not work here. You should consider buying a local SIM while visiting here. Secondly, the WiFi connectivity is weak, so do not expect much for connectivity here.
The Grand Himalaya Hotel is spot on connected with the marketplace. just walk out for an evening stroll and you can enjoy the splendid evening of the traditional Leh market, grab some souvenirs and drop into some of the local restaurants for a quick grub or a wholesome dinner. Leh is famous for apricots and apricot products and it is a good idea to try out some of the locally packaged Apricot from here. Some other places to check out here are:-
Piston Break: A chic cafe` just 2 km from the hotel, Piston Break is a refreshing getaway and a nice place for a quick bite and refreshments on the way while taking your bike adventures.
The Nook: I stepped into this stylish restaurant while strolling the market nearby and got instantly hooked up with this caption on the wall from Bob Marley. The restaurant serves a limited but great choice of snacks and food. You can sit back here, sip a beer and enjoy the relishing snacks they serve here.
Review: Grand Himalaya Hotel
- Location – 9/10: Close to the airport and can be easily connected with the hotel transfer services.
- Pricing – 8/10: This hotel serves a price between budget and luxury stay. The peak time prices lie between INR 4500 to INR 8500
- Check-In and Reception – 9/10: Great service. Warm and lively; ever helping and approachable staff.
- Food – 8/10: Simple and sumptuous. Exactly what you should eat when you travel. Only one thing to say. They do not serve the meals in the room unless specially requested for.
- Transport Availability – 8/10: Preferably better from the railway station. You will need to bargain a little with the transport services here, but should get a good bargain eventually.
- Room Service – 8/10: The snacks and beverages are served on call. For the buffet meals, you have to attend the restaurant.
- Overall Rating- 81/2/10: The stay here was cosy and comfortable. Recommended for a luxury family stay.