Hotel Indira Regent is in the heart of the Bangkok City. Apart from the comfort and amenities it offers, there are many more reasons you will love this property. Whether it is about exploring the chic shopping streets of Bangkok or connecting with the more traditional part of the city, or simply just want to stay indoors, without doing much, Hotel Indira Regent is sure to make you come back. Here’s what you can expect on your stay here when you ar e exploring Bangkok.
Location: Hotel Indira Regent, Bangkok
The Ratchaprarop area of Bangkok is one of those that provides a ‘quick connectivity’, with the rest of the city. If you are looking for ease of accessibility and movement, you have placed yourself at the right point. So does this property. Walk out of the hotel about a 100 metres to the West and the Phaya Thai Metro Line is within your reach. Step out of the hotel and there is no dearth of public transportation and tuktuks waiting for taking you around the city.
The hotel surrounds itself with chic markets, cheap street shopping areas, spas and tatoo parlours,shopping malls and hordes of essential services within easy reach.
Staying With Indira Regent
Hotel Indira Regent welcomes you in with its traditional Thai decor on teak wood furnishings and oriental architecture that instantly connects you with the Thai culture. It offers 455 rooms spread over 18 floors, that vary from single, double and triple bedroom stays, oriental and Thai Deluxe Suites, Family suites and Presidential suites. Families has certain services available free of cost, such as extra bed for infants.
Climb up the fourth floor and you can relish the authentic Cantonese cuisine at the Ming Court area apart from ala-carte menu. If you are not in a mood to eat much and are diet conscious for a day, then skip instead to the adjacent chic outdoor pool, from where you can get a view of the lofty sky scrapers on the landscape. Relax and chill out by the ‘Pool side bar’ after that refreshing dip or the ‘Lobby Bar’ as the evening sets in and the time sets for the dinner.
It also sports a sprawling open air breakfast lobby. Take your time to savour among the English, Continental and Asian Breakfast cuisines that starts from 07:00 am and continues as long as 10:00 am.
Amenities and Services
The hotel comes with a plethora of amenities and services to choose from. I especially liked the wide variety of choices they offer in their concierge. From a traditional tour of the iconic temples of the Bangkok City, to exclusive cruises, you can avail and choose them at the concierge desk located right next to the front desk in the lobby area. There is also an opportunity to bargain when you choose among the several sight-seeing options.
Accessibility and Essential Services:-
Apart from the hotel services, the area is a great place to find any kind of essential services that a traveler needs. Just walk out of the hotel and across the road, and you can buy low-cost SIM cards, Currency Exchange Services, medics and ATMs. The area is also full of low-cost restaurants where you can try Chinese, Thai and even Indian cuisines. Escape to the nearby Pratunam Market Area if you are on a shopping spree. Bangkok city is also a good place if you are looking for 18 carat gold jewelry. If that’s on your mind, then this area is the right place to look for.
Hotel Indira Regent – Review
I had made a booking in Tristar Hotel for 2 nights on my business trip to Chandrapur. Here’s what I have to say about the stay at Hotel Tristar in a nut-shell:-
- Location – 10/10: There is no better place to find than this hotel if you are looking for a quick connectivity with the rest of the city. The area is surrounded with market places, restaurants, shopping malls, and essential services that can let you go ahead quickly without worries.
- Pricing – 8/10: Slightly high-priced for a budget stay. The prices for a good stay ranges between 2000 THB to 2500 THB including breakfast and superior amenities. But, it is well worth paying for. So, go ahead without hesitation.
- Quality of rooms 8/10: The rooms are spacious and the bathroom comes with a stylish jacuzzi that lets you break free and relax after a hectic city trip. The room comes with an inbuilt security locker to store your valuables.
- Check-In and Reception – 8/10: Splendid and smooth. It provides a 24-hour front desk. You can also choose to pay in USD and using travel cards here. The staff is really cooperative and forthcoming for anything you need.
- Food – 9/10: The breakfast options are plenty, from English to Asian. The restaurants serve Cantonese and Thai cuisines and it is worth a try.
- Transport Availability – 9/10: This area is one of the best places in terms of public transportation. The hotel also has its own taxi services available on request. Call it private taxis, tuktuks, or MRTs, you are well-placed to explore the town.
- Concierge and Tours – 9/10: The hotel has a concierge and tour desk from where you can book your city tours easily. Bargain with them and you can book most of the tours with them such as evening dinner cruises, city tour, temple exploration and others.
- Room Service – 8/10: Just right. They are on auto mode in their service and not much that needs to be reminded and recalled for.
- Overall- 9/10: Loved the stay here. Will choose to stay here on my next visit.