To move, to breathe, to fly, to float, to gain all while you give
To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live!!
– Hans Christian Anderson
Hello, I am Rajat Chakraborty, a traveller from Nagpur, Central India. An Ex-Serviceman, I always liked traveling and my profession took me to places where I could have otherwise never traveled. I have been traveling since 2000 and my journey in past one and a half decades took me to more than 200 small town and cities in India, the names of some I had never heard before.
In 2012, on just another usual day, when I sat down with my family members rejoicing the photo memories, they inspired me to record my stories somewhere, before I start to forget everything. Initially just writing these stories in my diary, I came across travel blogging and the journey began ever since. I have been traveling and writing since then and ever since, I feel journey is better than the destination. 🙂
Update: Since 2012, I have started traveling International Destinations as well to enrich my travel experiences by connecting with people and cultures across the globe. I intend to go slow and plan out one to two countries each year apart from still continuing to explore the unspoken corners of India.
Why I travel?
There is no better way to learn and understand the world than travel. When I first started traveling in childhood, I realized how best I could connect with the places when I actually explored them rather than merely reading about them in the books.
Travel is a great way to connect, understand and learn different cultures and customs. I especially like learning languages and speak five Indian languages – Hindi, Marathi, Bengali, Punjabi, Assamese apart from English. I intend to learn more of them, as I continue to travel.
What All In Travel Do I Deal With?
Through the process of my journey, I came across some pioneers and inspiring people on the other side of the globe who say that Travel is Cheaper and this inspired me to research and work on ways that I can make available for Indian travellers. Although, my blog also features my personal experiences, I have researched on opportunities for other travellers and travel bloggers on low cost travel. I deal with:
- Air Travel Hacks
- Frequent Flying Programs – Jetprivilege, Lufthansa, British Airways
- Hotels, BnB and Homestay Reviews
- Destination Reviews
- Food Guides
- Trawellblogger’s Guides
Where all have my steps been?
The map above shows a rough outline of the places I have stepped so far. I still have been updating this map regularly and intend to keep adding more and more as I travel
- Cape Town, South Africa
Awards and Recognitions:-
- Hipmunk City Love Project
- Winner 1st phase – #BloggerDreamTeam – Food and Travel Carnival
- Winner – HolidayIQ Twitter Contest
- Featured: The Musafir Stories: India Travel Podcast – TMS Specials Fly Smart, Fly Cheap
- Featured Blogger: Indian Top Blogs
- Feature Travel Photo: Leh Evenings on ‘Unsplash’
- Top Post on Indiblogger:- How I Underestimated Nepal and how it took me by Surprise
- Top Post on Indiblogger:- Why Exploring Alberta is all about lifetime of memories
- Top Post on Indiblogger:- Photo-essay: Breathtaking Evening Skyline Views from Swayambhunath Temple
- Featured on Blogadda :- How I Underestimated Nepal and how it took me by Surprise
- Blogadda WOW Post:- The Kite Fell on the Ground
- Invited as Guest Speaker as ‘Human Library’ by ‘The Climber’, Nagpur Chapter
Pack-Ur-Bags is also Published On:
Mostly Blogging: How to see a 10-time growth in your Twitter Followers
Drink Tea and Travel : Sunday City Guide – What to do in Delhi, India
Bohotraveller: A Stunning Unexplored Town that will Enchant You to no End
Mojhi: Scuba Diving in Goa
Cleartrip.com: 5 Luxury Hotels that you must stay on your Singapore Trip
Brands That I Write For:
The year 2015 also allowed me to work with some of the top travel brands and the journey so far has been exemplary. It gives a great sense of satisfaction to get recognized by brands for your efforts. Here are some of the brands that opened pathways for me.
Work With Me:
Since past year, I have been through several opportunities and phases where I actually got short of making decisions about how to go about them. From travel writing opportunities to readers asking me for help on their travel planning, I briefly summarize my work in three ways:-
- Travel Writing: I work on projects that can help you create value for more travelers. I research and write on topics such as budget travel, travel hacks, globe travel, frequent flying programs, travel-guides and travel experiences.
- Travel Consulting: I also offer one-to-one travel consultation services for people looking for saving money on their overseas travel. Contact me for support on online flight booking services, backpacking travel options, International hostel connectivity, BnB services, Forex travel e-guides, pamphlets, reference materials, and maps. Just drop me an email on [email protected] with your queries and I will write back to you with the most cost-effective solutions for your travel plan.
- Guest Posting: It is always a great feeling to connect with fellow travel bloggers to exchange and share ideas and experiences. If you are interested in a post exchange or guest posting opportunities, you can always get in touch with me and we can work together.